Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Card

Mommy, if I could write a card
Then even though it would be hard
I’d write in the language of Heaven
Words of encouragement and affection

To tell you how much I love and miss you
How our time together was such a treasure
And how well you cared for me all the way through
My affection for you continues beyond measure

While my little life was so short in the world’s eyes
God’s great love for me now, in eternity,
Demonstrates that in my little life He does not despise,
But has a love for me vast, boundless and free

While I know this first Mother’s Day without me is so hard;
Live in the hope that this day is not forever marred
Because your short life will soon be over, and then forever, together, we’ll be
Mommy and Micah B.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem. I'm sure Heather loved it. Happy Mother's day, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome tribute to your sweet son. I've enjoyed reading as you've worked through your feelings and emotions. Loss is just so hard, because it doesn't seem to end.

    Anyway, thank you for being so open about your pain, for letting others be comforted by it as well.

    ReplyDelete